Dr. Aparna Govil Bhasker
Bariatric & Laparoscopic Surgeon
Whenever you decide to go in for any surgery, it is important to know everything related to that procedure. Often, we turn to the internet for information. However, the internet is more likely to confuse us than provide any information. Hence, as medical practitioners and specialists I think it is our duty to provide the right information to you. The topic of this blog is, “5 things that you may not know about bariatric surgery”. I have listed 5 such points below:
- Bariatric surgery is not a magical cure for obesity and related diseases like diabetes etc. Bariatric surgery leads to massive weight loss over a period of 1 year. However, to maintain this weight loss, it is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet. Patients who embrace lifestyle modification after bariatric surgery tend to do much better than those who don’t.
- There are many types of bariatric surgeries that are performed across the world. However, the International Federation for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery (IFSO) recognizes only 5 procedures as standard bariatric procedures- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, laparoscopic Roux-en y gastric bypass, laparoscopic single anastomosis gastric bypass (or mini gastric bypass) & laparoscopic duodenal switch.
- Bariatric surgery leads to improvement in all obesity related co-morbidities especially type 2 diabetes. The predictors for improvement in type 2 diabetes after bariatric surgery are- age of the patient, BMI of the patient, C-peptide levels, duration of diabetes and insulin use.
- All bariatric procedures require life-long follow up with the bariatric surgeon and the nutritionist.
- Bariatric surgery is as safe as any other laparoscopic surgery. The overall complication rate is less than 1% and is less than other laparoscopic surgeries such as cancer surgeries and cardiac surgeries.
Bariatric Surgery/Obesity Surgery/ Weight Loss Surgery in india Patients Before After Photos
About Dr. Aparna Govil Bhasker
Dr. Aparna Govil Bhasker is an accomplished Bariatric Surgeon and Laparoscopic Surgeon. She is very renowned and is extremely passionate about her field of specialization.
Read more about Dr. Aparna Govil Bhasker- https://www.bestbariatricsurgeon.org/dr-aparna-govil-bhasker/
Please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com & Call/Text/WhatsApp: +919819566618 or +919930922761
Dr. Aparna’s website is- https://www.bestbariatricsurgeon.org
You can read her lovely blogs on- http://www.aparnagovilbhasker.com
Dr. Aparna Govil Bhasker is a visiting consultant at the following hospitals:
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- Hinduja Healthcare Surgical, Khar West, Mumbai
- Apollo Hospital, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai
- Suchak Hospital, Malad, Mumbai
- Namaha Hospital Kandivali, Mumbai
- Currae Specialty Hospital, Thane
- MGM Hospital, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Apollo Spectra Hospital, Tardeo and Chembur, Mumbai
- Saifee Hospital, Mumbai
You tube- https://www.youtube.com/user/aparnagovil/videos?view_as=subscriber